What is the Globe GRANT program?
- GRANT stands for Globe Readers and Non-profits Together, and is a program built to allow readers to support their favorite non-profit in a meaningful way. GRANT distributes gift checks to existing subscribers through the mail and subscribers make the checks out to a non-profit and return the check. The non-profits will then be granted advertising space to promote their organization based on the total amount readers have donated to them.
Who is receiving gift checks?
- All 7-Day subscribers will receive $100 gift checks and all other home delivery and BostonGlobe.com subscribers will receive $50 gift checks.
I'm not a subscriber. Can I take part?
- You must be a subscriber to participate.
- If you are interested in information on becoming a 7-day, Sunday home delivery or BostonGlobe.com subscriber, please call 1-888-694-5623 or email customer service email@example.com. You may also sign up online by clicking here.
As a reader what can I expect?
- Readers will receive gift checks in mid-January 2014
- Select any Massachusetts based 501(c)(3) you are passionate about and would like to provide needed support to.
- Write in the name of the non-profit on the gift check and specify location.
- Mail the gift check to The Boston Globe using the envelope provided by March 1. We will do the rest!
You can see what non-profits readers have chosen to donate to here
I'm a reader but did not receive my gift check. What should I do?
- Please contact customer service to confirm it was not already redeemed and they can take the name of the non-profit you would like your gift check sent to.
- Email customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I have to select a non-profit listed in the mailing or on the program web page?
- No, the lists are provided to show who subscribers have donated to.
Subscribers may choose any Massachusetts non-profit organization 501(c)(3) they are most passionate about. For the full list of eligible non-profits, please click here.